Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 06:34:09 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "D. Rock" <rock@dead-end.net>
Cc:        isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with right sppp settings in rc.conf ???

Arrgh ... well it was 11pm and I was f****** tired ;-)

> You can also remove in my filter rules the two lines marked with
> # Kein DNS
> or you can disable filtering altogether by commenting out
>  load filters
> all in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf

Of course, now where you mention it...

> You may be able to safely remove the DNS filters (see above), if you know
> what is running on your machine and doesn't generate DNS lookups
> (by having a good layout in /etc/hosts and using this file before DNS
> [/etc/host.conf] or [as in my case] running your own name server with your
> own private DNS domain).

At home I did it like you. klemm.gtn.com is only a valid domain
for mail. But I use a nameserver here ...

At that site I used a hosts and caching only nameserver
Since I "know" that people wouldn't get it managed to manage
the nameserver files correctly.

> And, after a tip from another user, I added another file which solved my
> problem with persistent old IP information in the tunnel interface:
>
> /etc/ppp/ppp.linkdown
> t-online:
>   iface clear

Ah, thats cool !