Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2014 22:38:33 +0200
From:      "Zeus Panchenko" <zeus@ibs.dn.ua>
To:        "Mark Felder" <feld@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unsupported feature: com.delfix and can't find pool by guid after old STABLE10.0-to-RELENG10.0 upgrade

--=-=-=

Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> All you should need to do is boot FreeBSD 10.1-RC4 and apply the newer
> bootcode and put the newer kernel on the system.

I hoped I could use my old kernel :(
thanks, I'll try

>=20
> If this is a zfs-on-root install you may have problems with importing
> the zpool and getting access to your data. I would advice you import the
> zpool with the -N option
>=20
>          -N      Import the pool without mounting any file systems.

emm ... why a not altroot ?

zpool(8)

     altroot
         Alternate root directory. If set, this directory is prepended to a=
ny
         mount points within the pool. This can be used when examining an
         unknown pool where the mount points cannot be trusted, or in an
         alternate boot environment, where the typical paths are not valid.

=2D-=20
Zeus V. Panchenko				jid:zeus@im.ibs.dn.ua
IT Dpt., I.B.S. LLC					  GMT+2 (EET)

--=-=-=