Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 1997 17:15:07 GMT
From:      xiyuan qian <xiyuan@npc.haplink.com.cn>
To:        grog@lemis.com
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: maximum file descriptors?

> Try ulimit:
>
>   ulimit -n 100
>
> This should give you 100 open descriptors.  ulimit -a will probably
> show that you have only 64 at the moment.
>
> Alternatively, take a look at the man page for login.conf for a way of
> setting the values from login.

Hi, thanks a lot. When I login as root and enter the command
  limit openfiles unlimited
the error message goes away. But how can I auto do that when my host
turns up? Now, the host is running with 64M memory, how can I increase
the maxinum openfiles limited? recompile the kernel and increase the
MAXUSERS to a larger num?

Best regaurds!

--xiyuan