Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:15:10 EDT
From:      JakeCatfox@aol.com
To:        roger@cs.strath.ac.uk, roger@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   WinTV Problem

Hello,
    I'm having a problem with getting my WinTV USB Model 4001 device to work
on my FreeBSD machine. I followed the instructions in the 2.8 release of
README.FreeBSD in order to install it. I noticed, however, that Driver 2.8
was already in my particular version of FreeBSD source (4.3-release), but
that the lines written in conf/files were the same (in terms of filename),
but the "optional x x" was different. I tried changing it to "optional bktr
device-driver" as the instructions said, but the config program told me
"'device-driver' flag is obsolete."
    Upon compiling it with the original lines in conf/files, I was unable to
run fxtv, it always gives me an error stating that bktr0 is unconfigured.

Do you know what I can do?

Thanks for your help,
-- Deven Gallo