Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 95 19:44:40 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        hasty@netcom.com (Amancio Hasty Jr)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cdrom & mpeg?

> Anyone knows if the latest toshiba cdrom or any other scsi cdrom can
> read video mpeg CDs? I have Black Rain over here and I want to be
> able to read the stream into a file . Right know my toshiba XM-3401TA 0283
> spits my mpeg cd ...

There was recent posting on this list by a driver developer who had a
driver for an mpeg board.

I believe he was working on this.

I can dig up the reference eventually if you can't look in the hacker's
list archives.

I believe the subject had to do with him wanting a device major number
for his driver.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---