Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 2002 22:01:18 +0100
From:      Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
To:        Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/46561: update-port: mail/sylpheed

Miguel Mendez wrote:

>  This upgrade is not correct, no binary will be installed. Use this one
>  instead...

Are you shure? I got a binary installed here (FreeBSD 4.7) w/o problems.
Be shure that patch-src::Makefile.in applied correctly - otherwise you
will get a binary named i386-portbld-freebsd4.7-sylpheed.

===>   Registering installation for sylpheed-0.8.8
===>  SECURITY REPORT:
      This port has installed the following files which may act as network
      servers and may therefore pose a remote security risk to the system.
/usr/X11R6/bin/sylpheed

      If there are vulnerabilities in these programs there may be a
security
      risk to the system. FreeBSD makes no guarantee about the security of
      ports included in the Ports Collection. Please type 'make deinstall'
      to deinstall the port if this is a concern.

      For more information, and contact details about the security
      status of this software, see the following webpage:
http://sylpheed.good-day.net/
root@kartoffel sylpheed> ls -l /usr/X11R6/bin/sylpheed
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  952452 Dec 27 21:56 /usr/X11R6/bin/sylpheed

>  Also note that this version of sylpheed needs an updated version of
>  gpgme (0.3.10)

... which is actally not in the ports tree - right ( -> no PGP support
available until gpgme isn't up to date in the ports tree)

--
Oliver Lehmann, lehmann@ans-netz.de, http://www.pofo.de/
  http://wishlist.pofo.de/