Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 1998 10:24:17 +0000
From:      "Wayne G Boyd" <wayne@jce.wintermute.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sendmail Question

First of all I would like to thank you for the response I had to the
last question I sent in, it pointed me in a direction which solved my
previous problem.

I now have another question. My system config is as follows:-

PC running FreeBSD, with single ethernet card, and single modem.
The ethernet card is connected to our local IPX LAN.
Dial-On-Demand PPP connection to our ISP is configured and working.
Squid proxy server is configured and working.
sendmail & a POP3 server are configured and working, for mail pickup
over the LAN from Win95 mail clients.

Sendmail will Tx and Rx SMTP mail with our ISP without a problem, as
long as the PPP link is up, and it will dial out for outgoing mail.

My question is: "how do I get the system to dial our ISP periodically
to check for new incomming mail ?".

(Note: Our ISP's machine detects our presence, and automatically
attempts an SMTP connection as soon as we dial up)

Thanks,

Wayne.

--
Wayne G Boyd, Digital Systems Manager