Date:      Sun, 25 Apr 1999 10:19:18 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Anthony Hoelzle' <pentium@cio.net>
Subject:   RE: nmbd and samba

Well, if I remember your config, you are changing the name that is broadcast
as the netbios name from what the DNS name of the machine is.  Is this
wrong?  If it is true you NEED the wins server or at least the lmhosts file.

The lmhosts file is layed out just like the hosts file on the unix box.  Put
the ip address followed by it's netbios name on each line.  This file should
be in the \WINDOWS directory.

I'm curious to know the exact output of...
	smbclient -L SERVER
...when you run that from the bsd machine.

I'll assume that other services work just fine?

Wait... did you say that it IS being the local master and the windows
machines are recognizing this, so that network neighborhood doesn't work
anymore??  Did you add that interfaces line to your config and delete those
files as I suggested?

-Chris