Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 1999 10:02:11 +0000
From:      "Donald P. Dahlman" <dahlmand@gte.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   adding a mail server

I am setting up a seperate  mail server.  I have a  box running domain
and sendmail.
I want to use my second machine for email only. No domain sevice.
here are the two machines:

box1.mydomain.com
box2.mydomain.com

my book only mentions setting up for virtual hosts. If I understand this

correctly, this is not a virtual host. I just need to set up a seperate
mail server.
what items do I need to configure to send and recieve mail on box2 using

the same domain name as box1? can I even do this without using aliases?
Is all I have to do is edit the MX records on box1?

Any hints, clues, and advice will be very helpfull.