Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 1999 18:54:10 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   New oPhoto version (Kodak DC240 USB tool)

Hi,

I have put a new snapshot of "oPhoto" on my web site.  This
one should be pretty stable, except for the "rm" command
(don't use it -- instead, use the camera's built-in functions
to delete images from the flash card).

For those who don't know oPhoto yet:  It is a tool to download
pictures from a Kodak DC240 digital camera, using the fast USB
interface (much faster than a serial RS232 connection).  It can
also be used to take pictures from within a shell script etc.
and to display the card & camera status.  More features will be
added soon (as time permits).

You need a fairly recent verion of FreeBSD 4.0-current (should
not be older than about 5 - 6 weeks), a UHCI-compatible USB
controller (I don't know if the OHCI driver still doesn't
support bulk transfer...  it didn't 4 weeks ago), and a Kodak
DC240 digital camera.  Works with both UP and SMP systems.

Here's the URL:  http://www.fromme.com/ophoto/

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)