Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 14:15:13 -0400
From:      Skip <skip.morse@endor.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   modems

--------------EC54C4C9EDAAEF4C9908A879

hi...i have a 56K v90 plug and play modem...i think it is picked up on
boot, but i am not sure...how can i tell if this is the case?  also how
can i find out what port my modem is on??  i know in linux you could
just look at the ioports and interupts and that would give you a good
idea if it was there or not..but in freebsd i have no idea what i am
doing..any help you could give me was be great!! i am ancious to get
back on the net so i can check my mail and stuff like that...however i
am not real sure how to set up the ppp stuff yet...some of the stuff in
the handbook of Freebsd.org is kinda confusing when you don't know much
about Un*x enviroments...well thanx for your time and i hope to hear
from you soon!

                              thanx again,
                                  John

--------------EC54C4C9EDAAEF4C9908A879

hi...i have a 56K v90 plug and play modem...i think it is picked up on
boot, but i am not sure...how can i tell if this is the case?&nbsp; also
how can i find out what port my modem is on??&nbsp; i know in linux you
could just look at the ioports and interupts and that would give you a
good idea if it was there or not..but in freebsd i have no idea what i
am doing..any help you could give me was be great!! i am ancious to get
back on the net so i can check my mail and stuff like that...however i
am not real sure how to set up the ppp stuff yet...some of the stuff in
the handbook of Freebsd.org is kinda confusing when you don't know much
about Un*x enviroments...well thanx for your time and i hope to hear from
you soon!
<center>