Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 00:00:33 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS problems on 4.0-stable.

Jaye Mathisen wrote:

> UDP v2 mounts, Netapp Filer.
>
> Getting a fair # of:
> got bad cookie vp 0xd24bf1c0 bp 0xc9090500
> got bad cookie vp 0xd24bfda0 bp 0xc906ceb0
>
> on the console, and it seems to lock the machine up for several minutes
> when it does.  Then it comes back to life, and cranks for a while...
>
> Not sure where to even start.

	Start with not using nfs v2. :) I use the following options in
/etc/fstab to mount my netapp stuff from FreeBSD 4.0-Stable clients. If
you're not already using 4.0, fix that first.

netapp:/blah /local/mountpoint nfs
rw,bg,soft,intr,nfsv3,rdirplus,mntudp,noconn

	I've never seen the errors above, and the options I'm using are the
result of lots of performance testing.

HTH,

Doug
--
        "Live free or die"
		- State motto of my ancestral homeland, New Hampshire