Date:      Thu, 16 May 1996 13:17:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   using rcs with `what'

   This is tangential to the standard questions for this group.
   (Hopefully.)  It regards the RCS and the `what' utility.

   Has anybody considered hacking the rcs stuff so that our
   $src/usr.bin/what utility could be used more widely?

   Since AT&T or <whoever> owns sccs, and since `what' was
   originally built for sccs, the what utility has become
   relatively obsolete.  But given a few minutes of hacks to
   the rsc suite, `what' could be much more useful.  Currently
   it is only useful if pointed at binaries built with sccs_id
   strings.

   Feedback?

   (I happened into this while checking some of my own projects
    built with rcs... )

    Sorry if this is an inappropriate subject...

    gary kline