Date:      Mon, 06 May 1996 12:48:14 +0200
From:      Juergen Skerhut <juergen@ipb.uni-bonn.de>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.1 installation problems

Dear Sirs !

I had your FreeBSD 2.1 installed from your CD on my old 486 system and
intended to do the same with my newly acquired Pentium System.
Unfortunately the new system comes with an ATAPI CD-ROM (Toshiba XM5502B (6x speed).

It seems that the FreeBSD 2.1 installation runs ok (with your provided atapiflb.bat)
up to the point where the actual packages are transferred from the CD to the Harddisk.
I woul suspect that the ATAPI driver does not run (As you point out in your documentation).

Is there any stable ATAPI Kernel now and what do I have to do to get your CD-ROM installed ??

My configuration is in principle as follows

Pentium 133, PB 256 K, with 32 MB 60ns RAM
ASUS P55TP4N Board
Quantum Scirocco 1,7 GB (EIDE) Harddisk
Toshiba ATAPI CD-ROM XM-5502B (6x speed)

Thank in advance,
  J"urgen.

--
J|rgen Skerhut				|