Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:23:26 +0100
From:      Daren <darenr@end-design.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   newsyslog bizarreness

Hi,

I recently removed a couple of lines from newsyslog.conf, and now every
hour I'm getting an email from cron telling me that newsyslog complained
about the lines which are now deleted!

There is definately only one config file, and if I run newsyslog from
command line, it exits without a problem and running it in verbose, it
doesn't see the two lines.  Is there something about the cronned
newsyslog that's different?

Oddly, the actual error is a mis-interpretation to do with the size
field (it is reading the time/date field).

Any ideas on this?

Thanks
Daren