Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:53:45 -0500
From:      "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@northwestern.edu>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is the C-shell (csh) a bad shell?

I'd like to learn a shell fairly well and chose csh because it's in the base
FreeBSD system (a little graybeard character) and I found good documentation
on it written by William Joy. But I've read some things that it's a "bad"
shell.

Is it?

It seems that, at some level, all shells are essentially equal. But when
shells start to divide is csh left in the dust? What about the shells I've
read rave things about: Korn and Bash.

I've got C++ experience, so maybe that's why I chose csh too.
--
David Kanter
djkanter@northwestern.edu