Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 2010 19:19:57 GMT
From:      yongari@FreeBSD.org
To:        junk@fromru.con, yongari@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org, yongari@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/150257: [msk] watchdog timeout

Synopsis: [msk] watchdog timeout

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: yongari
State-Changed-When: Mon Oct 25 19:17:29 UTC 2010
State-Changed-Why:
I also have a DGE-560T but I can't reproduce this issue on my box.
Because you said disabling MSI fixed the issue I vaguely guess it
could be a silicon bug which controller sometimes looses Tx
completion interrupts or could be trggered by inappropriately
programmed event timer for the controller. It seems Yukon II
controllers are very sensitive to internal timer values so it can
also trigger the issue. I don't have permanent solution for these
issues but you can try the patch at the following URL.
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/msk/msk.watchdog.diff

It does not fix the issue but it will show watchdog timeout message
and tries to recover from that ranther than completely resetting
controller. If all goes ok, it sometimes shows watchdog timeouts but
it wouldn't reset controller such that you can treat the watchdog
timeouts as information message.

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-net->yongari
Responsible-Changed-By: yongari
Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Oct 25 19:17:29 UTC 2010
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Grab.