Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:10:35 +0100
From:      J.S. <johann@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        keramida@ceid.upatras.gr
Subject:   BATTLE: The quest for proper filesystem layouts

You guys are right. I was planning to rewrite this thing anyway, guess
you caught me with my pants down. But, I'm too lazy.

This is a battle for seeing who has the best, most proper looking and
most well organized filesystem hierarchy within the 6 branches of
hierarchies that I've listed down low:

----BEGIN PREVIOUS E-MAIL----

Hi.

Am I the only one who have wasted hours trying to come up with a new
hierarchy that will function and seem superiorly structured and organized
to my previous ones?

I was thinking issuing a `hierarchy battle' on this mailinglist would
allow people with the same problem to exchange ideas with one another.

I must also ask those who already are satisfied with their personal
hierarchy to please contribute with their setup and show us newbies how
it's done. Even if it means publishing your creativity in favor of others.

Choices of battle:

1. PERSONAL HIERARCHY	<< home directory root
2. SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION HIERARCHY
3. EDUCATIONAL HIERARCHY
4. BUSINESS HIERARCHY
5. SITE REPOSITORY HIERARCHY
6. X11 MENU

I know that layouts like the ones I'm requesting come with time. I'm just
extraordinary impatient. :-)

Regards,
J.S.