Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 21:57:09 +0000 (GMT)
From:      a disembodied voice emerging from the chaos of reality <cjc26@cornell.edu>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GPL alternatives

On Thu, 20 May 1999, G. Adam Stanislav wrote:

> I have no problem with that. What I would have a serious problem with is if,
> for example, someone walked to a computer business and asked how he could
> create counters for his web site, and the business would offer to sell him
> a diskette with my Graphic Counter Language for $249 (or any amount) and
> say, "This is what you need. Just type 'make install' then visit this web
> page to learn how to use it."

If that customer can't be bothered to do a simple web search first to find
out what's out there and what's freely available, then he or she deserves
to be screwed over.
Caveat emptor.

Cliff Crawford   http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
-><-            i   l i k e   o a t m e a l             )O(