Date:      Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:08:56 +0200
From:      Oliver Lehmann <oliver@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Steve Clement <steve@ion.lu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Courier-IMAP / Courier-*.* ?_ I am lost..

Steve Clement wrote:

> The split up might be "nicer" for some people but over here in
> Luxembourg I seem to get awfully confused.
>
> I tried the old upgrade to 4.0.4 from 3.x but obviously failed.

All I can say here is, that it works nice. There is imho only one thing
you have to take care of when you are updating from 3.X to 4.X which is
described in UPDATING (20050108, 20050426)
Authmysql is tried everytime, and when no mysql is installed, it should
retry it with the next module specified in AUTHMODULELIST. There is no
way of defining AUTHMODULELIST only with the modules you have installed
since it is possible that you can install other modules in parallel wich
could cause problems by changing the config file twice at the same time.
Thats why there are all possible modules in. You can (if you want) remove
the modules you don't have installed. But as I said - it shouldn't cause
problems if you don't.

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/