Date:      Tue, 5 May 1998 20:35:42 -0400
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   lpd breakage

Every time I try to lpr a file, I get this:

May  5 20:29:39 limbo lpd[8543]: restarting lp
May  5 20:29:48 limbo last message repeated 3 times
May  5 20:29:51 limbo lpd[8543]: lp: job could not be printed (cfA012limbo)
May  5 20:29:52 limbo lpd[8543]: mail sent to user nathan about job lap1.txt on printer lp (FATALERR)

Then, lpd puts Microsoft to shame with the most ambiguous error
message I've ever seen: