Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:32:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Talkington <dtalk@prairienet.org>
To:        adrian <jimbud@lostland.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3c905 tuning

Thanks to all who responded.  ifconfig does show that it's set to
100baseTX, so there must be something else going on.  Shall I
entertain the possibility that the host CPU simply can't keep up?
(It's a P90.)  I haven't tested it with another OS.

adrian wrote:

>Out of curiosity, how slow are your transfer rates?  I'm having issues
>with 4.2

I get about 160kB/s both ways. Compare that to ~600kB/s between the
two other machines on the same switch.  The former is typical of the
speed I get from transfers with 10baseT cards on the same switch,
hence my question.  By the way, for the record, the system is
4.0-RELEASE, not 4.2 as I said earlier -- I have two, and forgot which
one was involved ...

-d