Date:      27 Dec 2002 22:18:27 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/46561: update-port: mail/sylpheed

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 22:01, Oliver Lehmann wrote:

Hi again,

> Are you shure? I got a binary installed here (FreeBSD 4.7) w/o problems.
> Be shure that patch-src::Makefile.in applied correctly - otherwise you
> will get a binary named i386-portbld-freebsd4.7-sylpheed

I've tried your patch again, it's either a problem with my system or
with 5..0, but this is what I got:

----
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>   Registering installation for sylpheed-0.8.8
flynn@christine# sudo make deinstall
===>  Deinstalling for sylpheed-0.8.8
pkg_delete: file '/usr/X11R6/bin/sylpheed' doesn't really exist
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps the packing list
is
incorrectly specified?)
flynn@christine#
----

I'll investigate further on this tomorrow, maybe someone also running
5.0 can verify it?

> >  Also note that this version of sylpheed needs an updated version of
> >  gpgme (0.3.10)
>
> ... which is actally not in the ports tree - right ( -> no PGP support
> available until gpgme isn't up to date in the ports tree)

Yes, but the gpgme update is really trivial, just change the version in
the Makefile and makesum again. As soon as we're out of ports freeze it
will get updated.

Cheers,

--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net