Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 2010 00:43:19 +0000
From:      Frank Shute <frank@shute.org.uk>
To:        Paul Macdonald <paul@ifdnrg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freeBSDFoundation donate problem

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 10:04:23PM +0000, Paul Macdonald wrote:

> I've just tried again to donate to the foundation for the end of year push,
> but 3 UK based cards all failed on the groundspring interface  ( 2 x visa,
> 1 x mastercard, all had funds obv)
>
> Paypal also failed stating i couldn't use this card for the transaction
> (which is usable for other purchases fine)
>
> Has anyone else had a problem ( or succeeded) in donakting via the UK,
> maybe there's a wider problem here..
>
> Am posting as maybe someone knows someone who can take a look ( dru lavigne
> i think is related to the foundation)
>

> Also groundsprings support message lists a bouncing support address, major
> grrrr...
>
> --------
> <gspring_support@tides.org>: host tides.org.s8b2.psmtp.com[64.18.7.14] said:
>
>     550 No such user - psmtp (in reply to RCPT TO command)
>
> Paul.

I've succeeded donating from the UK using the Paypal button and a
credit card using this page:

http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/

I couldn't get the "DonateNow" route to work.

If you try again and still can't get it to work then email:

Deb Goodkin <deb AT freebsdfoundation.org>

and maybe she can help you out.

Regards,

--

 Frank