Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 96 02:40 CST
From:      "Frank E. Kania" <piagetf@skypoint.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.1.0 as a LAN to Internet Gateway (Router)

What exactly must I do to run a FeeBSD (v2.1.0) box as a network gateway.
Please be as precise/detailed as possible. The network is a simple one with
no subnet or anything exotic. Additionally, I will be running my own DNS and
mail servers, should this information be required for you to answer my
question. Must I compilee a kernel with the gateways option? There must be
more to it than that! I have had an aweful time attempting to glean this
information from man pages, the Net, etc. Any and all help will be greatly
appreciated.