Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 16:03:39 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        slumos@nevada.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status of Ultra160 SCSI support?

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 14:31:45 -0700, slumos@nevada.edu wrote:

> Hi.
>
> In search for information on Ultra160 support in FreeBSD, I saw a
> couple references in the mail-list archives saying it was or would
> be supported in 4.0, but it isn't listed in the 4.0 release notes.
> Can anyone tell me when it is expected to be in a -RELEASE version?

As Matt already noted, 4.0 shipped with support for the QLogic Ultra160
boards.  Symbios C1010 Ultra160 boards are also supported in 4.0.

The Adaptec Ultra160 boards (based on the 7892 and 7899) are supported in
4.0, but they only run at 80MB/sec, i.e. Ultra2 speeds, not at 160MB/sec.

If you want the Adaptec chips to run at 160MB/sec, you need the patches
Justin referred to in his mail to the -scsi list today.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org