Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 1998 22:14:26 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mgetty AutoPPP not working.

Brian Somers wrote:

> > I'm trying to setup a ppp dialin using mgetty.  I've configured AutoPPP
> > in mgettys login.config as:
> >
> >       /AutoPPP/ - - /etc/ppp/ppp-XylanServer1
> >
> > but mgetty doesn't seem to recognize the PPP startup stream.  Here is a
> > relevant mgetty log entry:
> [.....]
>
> You need to specifically enable AutoPPP in mgettys Makefile.

Yeah, another user pointed that out, and it's working perfectly now.
Tomorrow I'm plugging in the second and third modems.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good multi-port boards for FreeBSD?
We're looking for high port density here, either 16 or 32 ports per PCI
slot.  Max speed required is 38,4000, with the usual being 9600 at low
volume.  We're going to use this same machine as a serial port server to
talk to serial console ports on a bunch of our lab equipment.