Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 12:35:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        mki <mki@mozone.net>
Cc:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic in 4.4-stable (10/01 snap); help needed

:
:On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 11:16:23AM +0100, David Malone wrote:
:> > appreciated (on the machine below, there were no nfs mount points).
:>
:> It looks like you are using NQNFS - you'd be better avoiding it if
:> you can. AFAIK it has been removed from -current. Using NFSv3 would
:> probably be safer.
:
:Hmmm, I'm not familiar with this.  Besides, why would these functions
:get called anyways if there were only ffs mountpoints on the system at
:the time of the panic?
:
:> > #6  0xc01adac6 in nqsrv_getlease (vp=0xfc106f00, duration=0xfbaa1e1c, flags=5, slp=0xffffffff, procp=0xf1884c20, nam=0x0,
:> >     cachablep=0xfbaa1e20, frev=0xfbaa1e24, cred=0xd2ad8800) at /usr/src/sys/nfs/nfs_nqlease.c:228
:>
:> It looks like is is dereferencing a bad pointer in this frame. You
:> could try saying "frame 6", "list" and "print lp" to see if you
:> can find out what is going on.
:
:sure,

    It's worth turning off nqnfs and sticking with normal nfs to see
    if the crashes go away.   If they do go away then we know where
    to look and might have a better chance tracking down the problem.

    So far I haven't been able to make heads or tails of your crashes...
    it's like something is randomly corrupting memory.  My best hope
    was that the UPAGES fix would solve the problem but it seems that
    it hasn't.

						-Matt