Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 22:19:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      abram olson <dacia_icarus@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.3-release machine reboots when modem is in use

I've got a 4.3-release machine here that automagically
reboots just minutes after I dial into my ISP with my
external 3com usb modem (5605-uses umodem0 kernel
module).  Here's my hardware:

3com/USRobotics USB modem 5605
A7V-motherboard, second revision.
t-bird 900
384M ram
SBLive value
linksys NIC (uses tulip module)
asus v7700-geforce2
western digital ata 100 HD on primary master ata100
controller
seagate st322171a ata66 hd on secondary slave ata100
controller

freebsd is installed on the "back" 16 gigs of the WD
drive.  I have a usb mouse (Intellimouse Explorer)
that is on one of the usb hubs that is built on to the
mother board.  Currently the modem is connected via
one of the usb jacks on the usb expansion board that
comes with the A7V.  However, I've had this modem
plugged into the jack that the mouse is surrently on
and freebsd still spontaneously rebooted.

I've had this machine running with no problems until I
installed this modem.  Now all of a sudden it starts
hard locking and rebooting.

Help?

Abe