Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:48:11 +0100
From:      Jochen Gensch <incmc@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Maildrop issues: You are not a trusted user etc

Hi,

I have tried to install maildrop on my mail system. However, something
seems to be wrong. Maildrop needs to be started by a non root user
(always the same one) and has to switch to the correct user afterwards.
This is implied by the "-d USER" option. Further virtual users are used
here. So, I compiled maildrop with the following options:

make install clean -DWITH_USERDB -DMAILDROP_TRUSTED_USERS=status
-DMAILDROP_SUID=root -DMAILDROP_SGID=wheel

So, status is the user, who is always starting maildrop. Virtual users
seem to work fine, however maildrop keeps telling me, that status isn't
a trusted user:

"You are not a trusted user"

Further the options -DMAILDROP_SUID=root -DMAILDROP_SGID=wheel don't
have any effect. Maildrop is installed with standard permissions.... so
what am I missing?

Cheers, Jochen