Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 14:09:43 +0200
From:      Antonio Nati <A.Nati@cisco.it>
To:        rse@engelschall.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: apache-1.3.1+mod_ssl-2.0.6

Thanks for your help, now I'm compiling good.

Following are some short answers to your comments.

Thanks,

Tonino

In 13.12 14/09/98 +0200, hai scritto:

>> /usr/ports/www/apache-ssl-1.3.1/work/apache_1.3.1
>> #

>Seems like there is a lot of confusion on your system.  First you said that
>you tried Apache 1.3.1 + mod_ssl 2.0.6, but that's mod_ssl 2.0.7 what you
try.

Sorry, that's written in FreeBSD ports: apache-1.3.1+mod_ssl-2.0.6
I downloaded and installed automatically from that version; now I see
that's mod_ssl-2.0.7, but's not my fault.

>Second there is no port named "apache-ssl-1.3.1", it's named
>"apache13-modssl".  Your /usr/ports/www/apache-ssl-1.3.1 has to be a local
>variant.

You're right, I used this name instead of the standard in order to have
more versions on the system.

>And third when Apache's mod_auth_db.c fails this way it indicates
>that your db library is the false one. It needs the old db 1.85 which is part
>of the system. Perhaps there is a db 2.x (which doesn't work) under
/usr/local
>on your system.

That's true. The requested db.h is in /usr/include, but this ports looks at
/usr/local/include

>I recommend you to first check from where the db 2.x stuff comes
>and then retry with the current and original "apache13-modssl" port.

Simply recompiling after copying the right db.h to /usr/local/include works
fine.

Thanks you again,

Tonino