Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:58:16 EST
From:      Sanjin98@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   about FreeBSD

hi my name is sanjin and i am new to the Linux community. Very short time ago, i tryied to use redHat Linux (version 6.0). The problem that i have faced is that i am using an CABLE MODEM to connect to the internet. Every book that i have about Linux tells me how to set up the PPP connection (nothing about networking). I have an Shell account that runs FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE, and i am very happy with it. I would like to install FreeBSD OS on my personal computer at home. I would like to ask you for help in how to set um my cable modem on  FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE. I have little as no expirience with Linux, so i would need very descriptive help. If there are any books to buy or anything that i can learn from, i would buy it. Please e-mail me back as soon as possible with the included information as requested.

Thanx for your support.
Sanjin