Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2001 12:42:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Doug Denault <doug@safeport.com>
To:        Claus Assmann <freebsd+stable@esmtp.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Keyboard NCD N-123UX doesn't work with 4.x?

If you mean that the keys on the number pad portion of the keyboard do not
work, I have the same problem. Unfortunately I moved to FreeBSD 4.2 and
XFree86 4.x at the same time so I can not same which for sure

This question has been posed ad ad nauseam on the XFree86 Newbie list with no
response that I can find. My symptoms are:

keys work in KDE (my desktop)
not in any X based application, Netscape, xterm,...

However if I start vi from a console, the keys work. That takes termcap
off the hook (glad of that).

That would seem to me to make it an X related issue but I can find no
documentation to help.

so me too -          h e  l   p

BTW this does not seem to be hardware related, just any standard extended
keyboard.