Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 12:40:27 -0400
From:      "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jslivko@blinx.net>
To:        "'m p'" <sumirati@yahoo.de>, <chip.wiegand@simrad.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: root/superuser account - big problem - please help

Are you sure that your in the wheel group on the box? Could you have
inadvertently removed yourself from the wheel group? Can you get
physical access to the machine to try and log in as root from console,
does it work?
You may want to drop into single user mode on the emergency shell from
console and trying to reset your password from there, where the kernel
is GENERIC. Also, do you  have a custom kernel, or is it GENERIC? --
Jonathan

--
Jonathan M. Slivko <jslivko@blinx.net>
Blinx Networks, Inc.