Date:      Tue, 07 Apr 1998 16:30:33 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where's FreeBSD? More of a disturbing trend

At 05:09 PM 4/7/98 -0500, John S. Dyson wrote:

>It appears that [Andreessen] is a victim of the Linux religious advocacy
engine.

>John

Almost certainly true. While I despise flame wars, I think it might be time
to revive the "Berkeley advocacy engine." People aren't even aware of what
the GPL says, what the author's intent was, or that there are other (and,
arguably, better) solutions.

It'd also pay to point out the dramatically better stability and networking
performance of FreeBSD relative to many Linux bundles. Marketing would help,
but a little fanaticism wouldn't hurt.

--Brett