Date:      10 Feb 2003 21:55:07 -0000
From:      Mark Diekhans <markd@Kermodei.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pccard/newbus lockup with 5.0 current on Dell X200

I am having problems getting 5.0 running on a Dell latitude X200.  When a
pccard or cardbus card is inserted, the system instantly locks up.  No kernel
messages are printed.  Virtual consoles can be switched and kernel debugger
entered, ACPI prints message when the power button is pushed (but it doesn't
reboot the system), and no much more it.  It appears to in the kernel
schedular with nothing to do; but I don't know enough about bsd kernel
debugging to say much else.

I have tried a lot of things, with the same results:
    - oldbus and newbus
    - 5.0 release and current
    - stripped down kernel, disabling as much as possible in the bios
    - disabling ACPI

If neither oldbus or newbus is included in the kernel, then there
is no problem with the card is inserted.

Some pages on the net indicate that pccard_mem="0xd8000" should be used.
However this doesn't seem to make a difference with pccard.

There is a page that seems to indicate someone has 5.0 running on this
box:
        http://www.running-dog.net/bsd/x200/

it's been helpful, however it's in Japanese, which sadly I don't know,

A couple of sites indicate they had this system working with 4.*.

Any help appeciated, dmesg verbose included.

[ATTACHMENT ~/adm/x200/dmesg.verb.out, text/plain]