Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 1997 09:57:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      viren@cc.gatech.edu (Viren R. Shah)
To:        Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Commerical applications (was: Development and validation tools...)

Chris Coleman writes:
 > What books or articles would you suggest we get started on.
 >
 > If we kept a list of who was working on what books on the FreeBSD Web
 > page, people could contribute experiences and encouragement.
 >
 > Personally I think we should look at what Linux Books are there and start
 > there.
 >
 > I would Suggest:
[Book suggestions cut]
I think starting with articles would probably be a better idea. Books
require a major commitment from the authors. On the other hand, writing
a 2-10 page article is much easier. Perhaps we should start with a
list of articles that could be written.
I would offer to co-write an article (i.e. do most of the drudge work
of actual writing), if someone is willing to write about something but
doens't actually feel like writing it.
[Maybe I can get more involved after I actually have access to a
FreeBSD machine again]

Additional Suggestions:
The new VM system
The ports/packages system
FreeBSD as a product development platform

 > Chris Coleman (chris@aries.bb.cc.wa.us)

Viren
--
Viren Shah+viren@cc.gatech.edu+http://www.cc.gatech.edu/grads/s/Viren.Shah/