Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 1996 14:58:35 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Obtaining FreeBSD

> From: "George A. Gore" <"swetc@crier.camelot.net"@crier.camelot.net>
> Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 17:09:03 -0700
> Subject: Obtaining FreeBSD
>
> How exactly do you obtain a copy of FreeBSD 2.1.0.  I have visited the
> WWW and FTP sites but cannot figure out which files i need to download
> to get FreeBSD up and running.  I just need to know what files to
> download and then i can start using it.  Oh yeah, i already downloaded
> some file called rawrite.exe, have no clue what it does, but i think
> that it is like a formatter for UNIX systems.

rawrite.exe writes a floppy disk image from a file to a floppy disk
byte-by-byte producing so the original floppy. Now depending what kind of
connection you have, you may need to download (some?) additional files.
For sure you will the file boot.flp - essentially the FreeBSD master
install floppy to boot from it. Follow the instruction and *please*, read
the README and INSTALL, etc. files before continuing.

	Sander