Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:10:22 +0600
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: carp regression in 9.1 ?

Hi.

On 18.03.2013 14:23, Damien Fleuriot wrote:
> I'm afraid I can't afford 10.x, this is for production, although I acknowledge the problems you're faced with.
>
> Regarding 8.x, this is a guest VM running on proxmox 2.3 which doesn't support stock 8.x (need the virtio kernel option, I'll get a thread reference when I hit work).
>
> So yeah I'm kinda fucked here... ;)

This is of course up to you to decide, but I feel like I should
encourage you - 10.x isn't that scarry as it seems to be. I also run it
on a production (though my production may be not as harsh as yours), -
this is a main router for a LAN consisting of 500+ machines, it also
runs a squid proxy with 200+ active users (AD integrated, winbind,
kerberos and stuff) and a HFSC traffic shaper. Plus, a bunch of routing
protocols - ospf, ospfv3 and a load of network services like
SMTP/HTTP/DHCP. Plus, it's a zfs installation.

At least, after upgrade from 9.1-STABLE to a random -CURRENT I didn't
notice any degradation, only improvements. I had all of your fears right
before the upgrade, none of it became real.

Eugene.