Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 2003 12:06:50 -0400
From:      Michael Edenfield <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        Clint Olsen <clint@0lsen.net>
Cc:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Subject:   Re: Still having issues - Shared object "libintl.so.1" not found

--s9fJI615cBHmzTOP

* Clint Olsen <clint@0lsen.net> [031004 02:53]:
> On Oct 04, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> >=20
> > Try to run 'portupgrade -rf gettext -m BATCH=3Dyes'..
>=20
> I think the dependencies of some of these ports may not be quite right.  I
> ran this command earlier without the -m flag, and some of the recursive
> dependencies failed for example because GNU make was taken out of commisi=
on
> by the missing library.  It would seem that gmake would be (one of) the
> first order(s) of business.  Of course, this might be a failure mode that
> wasn't expected...

I think there are issues with GNU make not being registered as a
dependancy properly.  Specifically, I was able to pkg_delete it without
any other packages being flagged as dependant, and rebuild it.  Perhaps
it related to gmake being a build-time dependancy but not a run-time
dependancy?

At any rate, the best thing to do is, as you said, force gmake to be
rebuilt first, then portupgrad -rf gettext second.

--Mike

--s9fJI615cBHmzTOP

--s9fJI615cBHmzTOP--