Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 1997 16:01:36 +0100
From:      "John O'Farrell" <john@o-farrell.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   (fsck) won't complete?

Hello,

I did a very stupid thing in that I turned off my PC after not being able
to run the shutdown command. The result is that I've had to run (fsck)
manually.

It has run through;
Phase 1
Phase 2 - Check pathnames
Phase 3 - Check connectivity
Phase 4 - Check pathnames

It is on phase 4 that I experience difficulties, it seems to blow up with;
pid 13 (fsck), uid 0: exited on signal 11
#

The system has fixed 11 bad blocks and most of the damage seems slight and
repairable, document files and src libraries etc. Does anyone know if it is
possible to continue, or do I need to start all over with a fresh
installation?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts/suggestions.
John

--
John O'Farrell
mailto:john@o-farrell.com