Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:38:37 -0500
From:      "jwilliams@pop.courtesymortgage.com" <jwilliams@pop.courtesymortgage.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need some advice for a mail setup...

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays=2E

I was hoping to get some suggestions and advice here for a particular setu=
im designing=2E

Here is what I want to do=2E

I am going to use FreeBSD 4=2E9 as our Mail server=2E It will be running
Postfix, courier-IMAP and a few other goodies=2E I also want to run webmai=
on this as well=2E

My main question is the actual design for this=2E
For instance, right now, our mail server for our company is in the private=

part of our network, and is only accessible to my LAN and the localhost=2E=

(NOTE: I have a mail gateway setup that checks all incoming email first,
then passes it to the mail server)
It has been working great so far=2E

The trick is, how do I implement webmail with this particular setup? I do
not want to open up a firewall rule and allow webmail access directly to m=
mail server that is on the private network=2E

Thus, i've thought of two things, but im sure there are more options:

1) Setup and configure the mail server accordingly, and place it on our DM=
Z=2E
2) Setup webmail on the Mail gateway and have it access the internal mail
server so users can view and send email=2E

But I was hoping to get some further advice and recommendations here=2E

I really do appreciate everyones help and insigt here=2E

THanks

Jason

http://mail2web=2Ecom/ =2E