Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:02:15 -0700
From:      Shill <shill@free.fr>
To:        George Reid <greid@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Aztech soundcard and FreeBSD 4.4

George Reid wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 08:40:05PM -0700, Shill wrote:
>
> > I can't seem to get my ISA (and supposedly PnP) soundcard to work. It is
> > a Sound Galaxy Pro 16III-3D PnP manufactured by Aztech.
> >
> > http://www.aztech.com/driver/sound_pro16lll.htm
>
> This card isn't supported as-is.   You can try forcing it as an ``sbc''
> device (see example in sys/i386/conf/LINT) or, if you are prepared to test
> patches, I can add support for its MSS mode to newpcm in order to make it
> work out-of-the-box.

Hmmmm... I wasn't too successful trying to force it as a
soundblaster. Neither pcm nor sbc show up in the boot message.

To test your patches, would I need to install the 4.x-STABLE source
or can I work with the 4.4-RELEASE source? Do you need me to send
you any files?

I imagine I am probably the only person trying to use an Aztech
soundcard under FreeBSD ;)

Shill