Date:      Sun, 06 Dec 1998 11:30:29 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Josh Crouse <joshcrouse@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.6 question

Josh Crouse wrote:

> I just finished the installation of FreeBSD 2.2.6, after the initial
> install it reboots my machine, loads and then gives me a Kernel panic
> that says, "Panic : Cannot mount root" what am i supposed to do to cure
> this problem?

Go to www.freebsd.org and the Frequently Asked Questions. This problem
is described there (section 2.25, I think), or use the FAQ on the CD if
that is how you are installing FBSD.

HTH

> Thanks,
> Josh

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd
Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com