Date:      Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:25:53 -0600
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: rh0

--7LkOrbQMr4cezO2T

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 08:08:35AM -0800, Randy Bush wrote:
> it is alleged that rh0 is processed in 6.2 (<
> http://www.6journal.org/archive/00000284/01/IPv6_RH_security-csw07.pdf>).
>   is this true.  is rh0 processed in 7 and -current?

6.2-RELEASE with no patches does process rh0 like basicly every other
IPv6 capable system released when it was.  If you run 6.2-RELEASE with
patches it does not unless the sysctl net.inet6.ip6.rthdr0_allowed is
enabled.  I believe the functionality was removed in from HEAD and thus
was never in RELENG_7.

http://security.freebsd.org/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-07:03.ipv6.asc

-- Brooks

--7LkOrbQMr4cezO2T