Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 00:02:27 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ELF perl?  And others?

According to Ben Smithurst:
> If anyone has got Perl (5.004_04 or 5.005_02) to build on elf, I'd like
> to know how.

That's fairly easy. I'll be submitting a new freebsd.sh hints file tomorrow
to perl5-porters. It recognises the current object format and supplies the
correct arguments.

The key here is "-Wl,-E". Once your Perl binary is compiled with this, all
extentions will be able to reference symbols in libperl.a and the Perl
binary.

I'll send it tomorrow. It is for 5.005_02 but the patch will be easy to
back-port to 5.004_04.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #62: Mon Jul 27 20:47:08 CEST 1998