Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:57:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@watson.org>
Cc:        Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.fraunhofer.de>, atm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New version of ngATM

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Andrew R. Reiter wrote:
> How would people compare the current ngATM and current HARP stacks?  Is
> it worth at all to fully port the HARP driver code to the ngATM code and
> just waste the netatm/ code?

If we've got the ability to use HARP with ngATM hardware drivers then I'm
going to fully support removing all HARP only drivers from the system.

I'd like to make sure that the structure of the ngATM Fore drivers will
allow us to easily support EISA and SBUS adapters.  Since the ngATM
drivers support bus-dma this shouldn't be an issue (other than possibly
breaking out the PCI specific bits to their own files).

Harti, do you see any issues with getting the ngATM stuff in before 5.1?

I'll do what I can to test the ngATM drivers with HARP here.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |