Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 1996 17:40:49 +0100
From:      souchu@firtech.lri.fr (Nicolas Souchu)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   EIDE 2300+ Promise

Hi,

My controller EIDE 2300+ Promise fails at boot in int 13h or
just after when executing real_to_proc, I don't know exactly.

What's wrong ?

The controller has a external bios at address DC000h (by default),
should I change this address ?
Is it a DMA problem (virtual <-> physical address translation),
or something else ?

I have an idea. Why not programming a sort of linux-lodlin that would
start FreeBSD from DOS after installing the Promise int 13h driver ?
Would FreeBSD's kernel be surprised and panic ?

Any idea appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

nicolas

email: souchu@firtech.lri.fr