Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:45:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Matthew Hagerty <matthew@wolfepub.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ed1: device timeout?

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Matthew Hagerty wrote:
> I read the FAQ.  The problem is that the card is PCI and I cannot change
> the IRQ.  It does not seem to be conflicting with any other PCI devices (it
> is the only PCI card in the system) and it only has a UTP port which is
> connected to my hub.  I'm using a known good cat-5 cable and a known good
> port on the hub.

I've only seen the timeout message under two circumstances,
resource conflict (shouldn't happen with PCI) and a bad/disconnected
cable.

Maybe the card isn't a very good NE2000 clone?

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com