Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:57:36 +0200
From:      Piero <piero@poprostu.pl>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org, marcus@marcuscom.com
Subject:   new notice

HI,

   During my readings of porter's handbook I noticed that the section:
4.7.8 Optionale dependencies - that refers partially to GNOME, might
also be outdated. It says:

<quote>
Various parts of GNOME have such knobs, though they are slightly more
difficult to use. The variables to use in the Makefile are WANT_* and
HAVE_*. If the application can be built both with or without one of the
dependencies listed below, then the Makefile should set WANT_PKG, and
should build the version that uses PKG if HAVE_PKG is defined.

The WANT_* variables currently supported this way are WANT_GLIB,
WANT_GTK, WANT_ESOUND, WANT_IMLIB, and WANT_GNOME.
</quote>

   Isn't this misleading? I was checking in the Mk/* and I can't find
anything besides WANT_GNOME and WANT_AUTOCONF_VER.

regards,
---
 Piero
 piero@poprostu.pl